The moment you decide to hire deck builders to work on an outdoor deck for your home, it is to make your outdoor area an extension of your living space. It is the perfect place to relax or entertain guests in the summer. While an outdoor deck might provide a relaxing retreat for your family, privacy can at times be an issue. If you have a next-door neighbor, you want to ensure that you get enough privacy from other people in your neighborhood.
Professional deck builders can help update your deck and make it a more private area, without compromising on the outdoor feel of the space. Here are some ideas you can try to incorporate into your newly updated deck:
- Take advantage of the main house building. When building your deck for the first time, take advantage of the lines and extended roofline of your home. Use them to attach your deck into and make the area seem a bit more private rather than being completely open and roofless. This will give you the right amount of privacy you need while still being able to enjoy the outdoor view. Read more at Deck Builder
- Add a privacy fence. If you do not have a fence for your home, you can add a privacy wall or fence to the deck area. This will make your gathering or lounging space more private so you can unwind and make this area feel like a true spot for a retreat.
- Place the deck near a tree. This is another tip to consider for those who are still in the process of building a deck. You can position it somewhere near a tree outside of your home. The tree can provide a natural and soft canopy during hot summer days while providing some sort of blockage.
- Build a roof. A pergola is one of the best additions to your outdoor deck. It elevates the style instantly while also providing a sense of privacy. In addition, the pergola will provide the outdoor deck some protection against the elements.
- Add a fountain or any water fixture. The trickling sound of water can be very relaxing, especially in an outdoor space. It is also a good background sound to block any noise coming from the streets or your neighbor. When it comes to style, it will add a professional touch to your outdoor space.
- Add a lush and green backdrop. Adding lots of plants in and around the outdoor deck is a great way to conceal the space slightly while also making it look fresh. You can stick with just one color palette (such as all green), or incorporate various shapes, colors and sizes to make the outdoor space seem more fun.
- Build a trellis. The use of trellis on your outdoor deck is a fun way to add a privacy wall and some plants into the space. You can get the best of both worlds while also enjoying the enhanced look and style of your outdoor living area.
Working with professional deck builders can allow you to customize the design to fit your needs, especially in terms of privacy. With these ideas, you can get started with the project and be able to use your deck space more to suit your needs.